This exhibit will take place at the Chapel: A Sanctuary for the Arts which I have certainly found to be true, as they provide a venue to musicians and artists to display their craft, asking for nothing in return, whilst providing the fare for a nice reception! How nice is that?
Click here for the address, and here’s a map.
My show on Saturday, May 14th, will be characterized by several things including:
- the intersection of words and images
- really affordable art
- the opportunity to be creative
- good company enjoying wine and other refreshments in a really beautiful environment (come for the stained glass alone!)
Regarding the opportunity to be creative, part of the exhibit will include a “haiku construction zone” where you may respond to sundry images with haiku of your own, so warm up your fingers for counting syllables!
Regarding affordability, well take a look at the prices below. As perhaps a somewhat disappointing caveat though, you will not be able to take your prize(s) home at the end of the evening, but I will be happy to deliver in early July, or ship! Yes, most of these pieces are small enough for shipping to be an option (if covered by the buyer) 🙂
Even if you choose to buy nothing, come, schmooze, take home a lovely show card (or the entire set of four).
Just because the prices are cheap, this does not mean the quality of the materials is. The images are printed on acid free, rag paper. All the frames are solid wood. To get an idea of what they look like (and how the haiku are presented) see the image below.
Finally, I would be remiss if I did not thank my friend Carrie Jones for the wonderful concepts for the haiku. Among many talents she makes lovely handmade items. I also want to thank the staff of the Chapel for giving me this wonderful opportunity.
This page has the following sub pages.
- cattails in winter (image) $40
- winter canoe (image) $40
- garden angel (image) $40
- there will be a morning with no shame (image) $40 SOLD
- st. francis de sales (image) $40
- placebo in ice (image) $40
- saint louis (image) $40 SOLD
- grasses at dusk (image) $40 SOLD
- grasses in wind (image) $40 SOLD
- through reeds (image) $40 SOLD
- winter branches (image) $40 SOLD
- beauty on the waters (image) $40 SOLD
- rainy day dogwoods (image) $40 SOLD
- old playground pavilion (image) $40
- in the swing (image) $40
- saturday morning picking (image) $40 SOLD
- in sunlight i (image) $50 SOLD
- in sunlight ii (image) $50 SOLD
- Out of dimness (image) $50 SOLD
- tulip and rust (image) $50 SOLD
- creation fall redemption consummation (image) $170 SOLD
- dark, frozen cornstalks (haiku) $15 SOLD
- at dusk the bluegill (haiku) $15
- spring is bubbling (haiku) $15
- spring springs from places (haiku) $15
- while night sledding, our (haiku) $15 SOLD
- evening cicadas / tremulous, the air (haiku) $18 SOLD
- holy week haiku (haiku) $18 SOLD
- on the ice at night / the frozen pond keeps (haiku) $18 SOLD
- the snow finally falls / the dying fire pops (haiku) $18 SOLD
- sun’s fingers stretch through / first frost melts, making (haiku) $18
- fall winter spring summer (haiku) $180
- last petals (image) $60