Well, the results were not up by Thursday at midnight as promised, but hopefully you went to bed and are not reading this at about 4am or so when it was published, but rather over a nice breakfast with some tea or coffee, which I will certainly be needing 🙂 Watch out, don’t let your tie get in the marmalade!
After 3 commenting judges and 3 non-commenting judges each looked over and gave a score out of 10 to each of the 27 pictures entered, with Edward Crim the main sponsor of this contest having a double vote, we have the extraordinary occurence that we have a tie for the winner . So, extraordinary occurences call for extraordinary measures, and The Dassler Effect is adding $50 so the 1st prize money so recipients are able to split $150. I hope that is equitable. The rest of the prizes remain the same. So, without futher ado…
- First Prize – $75 each – Vincent A. Das for “We Three” and Vera Parkin for “With Grandpa Smurf”
- First Runner Up – $50 – Katy Owens for “The Glory of Friendship is Not the Outstretched Hand”
- Second Runner Up – Honorable mention- Amanda Salmond for “Kid Loves”
- Third Runner Up – Honorable mention – Raymond Blanton for “Like Father, Like…” and Adrian Das for “Timid at the Fountain”
- Reader’s Choice Award – $30- Rima Warren for “Presque Isle”
Congratulations to all the winners and many thanks to our judges listed below! And many thanks to you, the reader, who makes this all worthwhile.
Also, make sure to check out the individual photo pages at the bottom to check out the judges’ comments for each picture. There is also a page with the original contest info and one where judge Tim Garrett gives his overall thoughts. So, read, learn, enjoy.
- Edward Crim is a professional photographer who lives and works in St. Louis, Missouri and who is spending the current year photographing some aspect of Forest Park each and every day. http://www.edwardcrim.com, http://www.edwardcrim.com/FP365.html
- Tim Garrett is a professional dabbler living in St. Louis. Some of his photobooth photography can be seen here: www.photoboothart.com. Also, an ongoing yearly photography project can be seen here: www.fullchordpress.com. He is currently at work on a web-based list making tool. Coming soon to www.blisto.com.
- Adam Houston is a graphic designer, web designer, and illustrator living in St. Louis: www.brickst.com, www.aphidesigngraphics.com, www.twitter.com/adamhouston.
- Barry Sherbeck is a photographer, visual artist, and multimedia designer in Madison Wisconsin. He loves the power of the still image. He’s a husband and father of two daughters: http://www.barrysherbeck.com/index.cfm, http://www.camerab.com/camerab.cfm, http://barrysherbeck.blogspot.com
- Jennifer Sodergren is a photgrapher who lives in St. Louis, Missouri with her husband and their lovely, wee dog Copper.
- Courtney Steever happened upon photography due to a class requirement during her undergraduate days, and hasn’t stopped shooting since. She enjoys the diversity of the world that God has created, and hopes to capture the beauty and stories of the people in it, through her photography. Please visit her photography blog at http://nishasblogger.blogspot.com.
This page has the following sub pages.
- My Best Friend Photo Contest: Original Contest Page
- Tim Garrett’s General Comments
- “The Best Defense is a Good Offense” by Vincent A. Das
- “Brothers” by Katy Owens
- “Camouflage” by Anonymous
- “Face to Faith” by Jenny Fox Shain
- “A Father’s Joy…” by Raymond Blanton
- “A Girl’s Best Friend” by Dawn Das
- “‘The Glory of Friendship is Not the Outstreched Hand'” by Katy Owens
- “Hair is for Playing With” by Jon Parkin
- “Jammin'” by Gracie Das
- “Kid Loves” by Amanda Salmond
- “Like Father, Like…” by Raymond Blanton
- “Man’s Best Friend Sez Who?” by Virgil Das
- “Morning Friend” by Dawn Das
- “My Japanese Girlfriend” by Virgil Das
- “My Other Half” by Mike Hofner
- “New Best Friends” by Travis Scott
- “Pirate Face” by Ashleigh B.
- “Presque Isle” by Rima Warren
- “Sharing” by Barbara St. John
- “Snow Boy” by Adrian Das
- “The Thing With Girls and Horses” by Jack Das
- “Timid at the Fountain” by Adrian Das
- “Unconditional Love” by Ashleigh B.
- “We Had More Fun Than a Barrel of Monkeys” by Barbara St. John
- “We Three” by Vincent A. Das
- “Wet” by Mike Hofner
- “With Grandpa Smurf” by Vera Parkin